"I can't think about that today...I'll think about that tomorrow." -Scarlett O'Hara

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Card to Karen by Diane Miller

This is the note that I sent to Karen when she had gone to Salt Lake to get her transplant. I had purchased a card several years before that I had saved to give to her at some time. The front of the card looked like a pink patchwork quilt and the inside said: "Oh, how I love my sister!" This is what I wrote to her...

Karen,

Please come home... I don’t have anyone to call and chat, gossip or just laugh with!
Anytime I think...oh, I’ve got to call Karen and tell her. Well, I just have to tell myself over again and make do. Sometimes I tell Tom and the bang is just not there!

I’m really sorry that you’ve had to go through so much these past few weeks. I just tell myself that the best thing I can do for you is take good care of the kids so you don’t have to worry. It’s hard to have you so far away and not be able to visit and give you comfort.

We are praying for you and for Dr. Belnap’s bag of tricks to keep coming!

I love you, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment